Winchester Endoscopy Center provides endoscopy exams and procedures that have been requested by your primary care physician or gastroenterologist. If you are interested in having an endoscopic procedure and do not have a primary care physician or gastroenterologist, we will be more than happy to assist you with scheduling your consult with our affiliated board certified physicians.
Patients who have been referred to us to for an endoscopic evaluation may make their appointment by calling our toll-free phone number (888) 54-COLON, or may email us at email@example.com. We thank you for choosing our facility for your healthcare needs.
What do I need to bring the day of my procedure?
- Your insurance card(s).
- Driver’s License or Photo ID.
- A list of your current medications.
- A portion of your procedure payment.
- Leave valuables and jewelry at home.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes.
- If you’re younger than 18, you must have a parent or guardian accompany you to sign your paperwork. If you are an adult who is unable to sign the consent, you must have someone with you who is authorized to sign on your behalf.
- You must have a designated driver arrive with your for your procedure. You will not be permitted to drive, take a taxi alone or leave the center without an adult chaperone.
Day of Procedure
- Arrive promptly at your scheduled time. This will allow adequate time for all necessary admission procedures.
- After your procedure you will rest in the recovery room where your pulse and blood pressure will be monitored.
- When you're ready for discharge, written instructions will be given to you by our staff nurses. You then may leave accompanied by a relative or friend. You will not be allowed to leave or travel by yourself because you may still be feeling the effects of sedation.
- Our staff will call you the next working day after your procedure to see how you are feeling. If you have problems at anytime however, please call your doctor at his/her office.
- You may feel weak or drowsy after your procedure. Do not drive a motor vehicle or operate machinery, make any important decisions or drink alcoholic beverages until the next day after your procedure.
- Please follow your physician's instructions on diet, medications and activity. This will help ensure a fast, safe recovery for you.
- Plan to have someone at your home with you for a day. No matter how well you feel, someone should be there just in case there is a sudden change in your condition.